Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: 02 monte carlo

Post Thanks / Like

Default 02 monte carlo

Does anyone have any experience with this car. It is a SS with the 3.8 liter and the issue is the door lock do not work with RKE or switches. Code for low input on both door lock circuit. On my scan tool I can see the BCM gets the signal from door lock switch input as it signals in the data stream mode. So the BCM is getting the signal but is putting out to low of a voltage?

I have checked the lock actuator themselves by isolating the solenoid and applying voltage and they work fine. I have checked the integretiy of the wiring to the distribution block and it is all good to the lock motors.

IT only seems to me the the BCM could cause this problem. THe interior lights will light in the car when the remote is pushed to unlock as well and the trunk release button works as well.

I have seen multiple issues with this model which the BCM is a larger problem on internet searches.

Just want to make rule everything out if there is any other known things to look for on this system. Fuses are all good.
    2009.5 G8 GT Silver

LOST BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN GRRRR8's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

They do have a lot of BCM issues. I would attempt to do a relearn on the RKEs 1st before I condemned the BCM.
    2008 Liquid Red Pontiac G8 Sport/Premium - Adams Polishes - American Racing Headers - ARP - BMR Fabrication - Circle D Specialties - COMP Cams - Crazy Paul - Dynojet - Earl's - Flowmaster - Fuel Air Spark Technology - G2 - GFORCE 1320 - Greg Weld - HP Tuners - JBA - Lingenfelter - Maverick Man Carbon - Metco Motorsports Solutions - Mickey Thompson - M&H - Mike Norris Motorsports - NGK - Pace Performance - Pedders USA - Powerbond - PSI - Russell - SBX Performance - SJM Manufacturing - SPOHN Performance - Tony Mamo - Vararam - Vector Motorsports - Wretched Motorsports - 470 RWHP 427 TQ - Engine Tune By Patrick G

Post Thanks / Like

One thing I noticed is it had all kinds of history codes in the BCM. I do not have the capability to do the relearn on my scan tool. SInce this is a kids just getting out of college (neighbors soon to be son in-law) I was trying to find an easy fix and everything points to the BCM.

Since they would have to reprogram it would have to go to the dealer and I am thinking it will never get fixed as they do most likely do not want to drop $300 on it. . The RKE acknowledges the system as the interior lights come on when you push the unlock button on the key fob...at least that is the way I am seeing it.

I found reman BCMs online for just under $100 with a core, but then that entails relearn from GM on that as it lock out the car from what I gather. I would guess the dealer would only want to relearn their BCM and not some aftermarket one.
    2009.5 G8 GT Silver