Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 35 of 46 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: BC Racing Coilovers G8/GXP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NIevo View Post
    I heard they were making some changes to the coilovers and putting the adjustment knob on the side of the rears so you didn't have to drill a hole. Any truth to this or just rumors?
    i also inquired about this, they said no, they are not redesigning them. i talked with a few people directly at bc racing.

Post Thanks / Like

See now we are like the black sheep, no one wants us anymore, oh well
    2009 Panther Black Metallic "The Black Rat"
    Current Modifications: Front end, Roof Pillars & Front top of roof has Clear Shield, Holden V8 6.0 Badges, Holden V Trunk Badge from Crazy Paul, UPR Catch Can, Corsa Exhaust & Roto Fab CAI. Spare Tire and Jack and Tinted Window's, hood scoops gutted, Poor Mans Heater Hose modification (holding up the hoses with zip ties), Painted the front dart to Panther Black.

Patrick Guerra's Tune July 12, 2010: 345 HP, 355 Torque on 87 Octane
    Patrick's & Kurt's install of Kooks Long tubes 1 7/8" w/Corsa Connection Pipes
    11-3-10: 362 rwhp, 372 Torque and updated engine and transmission tune.

New Engine as of 10- 5, 2011. Patrick & Kurt's tune and dyno 10-19 2011:363 rwhp, 365 Torque 93 octane.
    Sounds so GRRRR8 BECAUSE RACE CAR

7-1-14 Brembo Front Brake upgrade & Bohnam Front Splitter installed Curt here

Post Thanks / Like

Tell me about it, pedders supercar coilovers are not worth $3600, and the xa's are worse then the bc's IMO and the bc's are really pissing me off right now. 9k isn't enough coil for the rear, and 7k for the front doesn't seem much better. I think ideal would be 8k-9k for the front and 11-12k for the rear.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matthewo View Post
    Tell me about it, pedders supercar coilovers are not worth $3600, and the xa's are worse then the bc's IMO and the bc's are really pissing me off right now. 9k isn't enough coil for the rear, and 7k for the front doesn't seem much better. I think ideal would be 8k-9k for the front and 11-12k for the rear.

These come standard at 8/10k spring rates. (The GTO is 7/9k spring rates)

At no additional cost you can choose different spring rates.

For the front, you can choose: 7, 8, 9, 10, 11K
    For the Rear you can choose: 10 and 12k

Simply add in the notes or send us an email when ordering!
    Last edited by AutoAgenda; 08-31-2011 at 10:44 AM.

Office: 1(888)257-1422
    Email: Sales@AutoAgenda.com
    Facebook: Find us on Facebook!
    Twitter: Follow us on Twitter!

Post Thanks / Like

i already have the coilovers installed on my car and they are 7k/9k spring rates

now working with bc racing na to get 9k/12k because they compress wayy too much when the car is lowered, and the rear rubs

Post Thanks / Like

Is that new because I also thought the BC's for the G8 were 7/9k? I am ordering over the winter and want to make sure I get it right the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by AutoAgenda View Post

These come standard at 8/10k spring rates. (The GTO is 7/9k spring rates)

At no additional cost you can choose different spring rates.

For the front, you can choose: 7, 8, 9, 10, 11K
    For the Rear you can choose: 10 and 12k

Simply add in the notes or send us an email when ordering!
    '03 Evo VIII 10.6@131mph stock internals/ECU/Tires-SOLD
    '09 GT SBM-Rotofab, SOLO HFC, SOLO Mach Balanced Catback Exhaust, Powerbond Underdrive Pulley, Custom Tune, HID Lows, LED Fogs, GXP Front Bumper & Rear Diffuser & CTS-V Rims

Post Thanks / Like

well bc racing-na told me the spring rates where 7k/9k for the g8

do you self a favor, if you want to ride people in the back seat, and get the 12k rear springs. i also would go with 8k or 9k front, depending on if you are going supercharger or not.

i have about 100lbs of stereo equipment in my trunk and the 9k rear is set at about the highest on the coilovers can go and it has about a finger gap in the rear. sooo the 9k springs are compressing wayyyy too much. probably will kill the struts early. i hate to say it but i dont think they picked the right spring rates, im hoping bc will help me out and send me the right springs.

so now i get to waste more time and pull everything back off the car and put the right springs that should have actually come with the kit...

the stance is great, but just not practical right now on a daily driver, considering i can only drive 1 person in a 4 door car.
    Last edited by matthewo; 08-31-2011 at 06:25 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matthewo View Post
    well bc racing-na told me the spring rates where 7k/9k for the g8

do you self a favor, if you want to ride people in the back seat, and get the 12k rear springs. i also would go with 8k or 9k front, depending on if you are going supercharger or not.

i have about 100lbs of stereo equipment in my trunk and the 9k rear is set at about the highest on the coilovers can go and it has about a finger gap in the rear. sooo the 9k springs are compressing wayyyy too much. probably will kill the struts early. i hate to say it but i dont think they picked the right spring rates, im hoping bc will help me out and send me the right springs.

so now i get to waste more time and pull everything back off the car and put the right springs that should have actually come with the kit...

the stance is great, but just not practical right now on a daily driver, considering i can only drive 1 person in a 4 door car.
    Completely understand, haven't heard of this being an issue before. Anyone else have a similar experience?

Post Thanks / Like

I do notice that the rear is boucny unless you crank down the dampening, I never really have a full car but I do notice that the front end absorbs bumps way different than the back end which seems to bounce around. Not like a honda with lowering springs but its definitely different front to back.

Post Thanks / Like

With BC Racing Coilovers, Sturt Top Bushings are only $26.00! That a $99.00 Savings!

BC Racing Coilovers
    http://autoagenda.com/2008-g8-gtgxp-bc-racing-coilovers

BC Racing Coilovers - Stage 2 - With Strut Top Bushings!
    http://autoagenda.com/2008-g8-gtgxp-...ension-package

All Four Shipped at $999!