Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Uncut Flip Key. How/Where to get it cut?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by arand123 View Post
    I tried ordering the key straight from the dealership but its double the price and i already recieved and payed for the key off ebay. so there is no point in having two keys. so all im looking for is a way to get this uncut key cut
    To just have the key cut you can use any locksmith that can cut automotive keys. Just call around to some locksmiths in your area to see if they offer this service.

Now as for having it programmed that might be a little harder. Might also want to ask the company that cuts your key if they offer this. Some do and some don't. The dealer is also an option to have the key programmed for your car.
    Terry Scott
    San Antonio, TX

2009 G8 GXP - Sport Red Metallic (#821 of 1829 / #33 of 74 as Optioned)
    Roto-Fab Intake with Amsoil Dry Filter / HSRK / Kooks 1-7/8 Mids / SOLO Mach Shorty (Unbalanced) Catback/ Pat G Tune / Norris Motorsports Gen2 Catch Can / BMR Swaybars / BMR Rear Trailing Arms / Tein S-Tech Springs / Koni Shocks & Struts / Whiteline Rear Cradle Bushings / Whiteline Strut Bushings /

400 RWHP / 391 RWTQ

Post Thanks / Like

yeah i went to the dealer and they told me the price of a key is 250 i went to 3 dealers, they said when they enter the information in the computer gm charges 50 dollars for the programming code to cut the key . One of the dealer gave me a automotive locksmith number and told me to call him , he told me they can cut the key and program it for 40 dollars so i just ordered one off ebay for 60 dollars.

Texas speed 408 stroker,Lingenfelter ls3 ported heads,tv1900,2.8 pulley,kooks header header back,custom axel back, squash double pump upgrade, e85 tein lowering , demon 8 triple pod, brembo brakes ,brm sway bar, bmr toe rod , bmr end link, spohn trailing arms, tein springs,tsw nurburgring rims. Icebox. Old numbers on stock engine 650/620 with 3.0 pulley

Post Thanks / Like

I could be wrong, but when I bought an uncut key from Crazy Paul so I could have the Holden Logo on mine. Lot's of places said they could cut it. NO ONE could program it. The information that I got at the time was that the only way to get a working key was to order it cut and programmed from GM itself. I went to 5 dealers, and I used to work at 2 of them. I was told specifically that they weren't even sure why GM sold uncut keys, because there was no way to make use of them.
    Again, that is the information I got over a year ago.
    Onwer Seattle SEO Pros
    1974 Ford Bronco
    2008 Evoke Grey Holden SS-V (SOLD)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by christiancoach View Post
    I could be wrong, but when I bought an uncut key from Crazy Paul so I could have the Holden Logo on mine. Lot's of places said they could cut it. NO ONE could program it. The information that I got at the time was that the only way to get a working key was to order it cut and programmed from GM itself. I went to 5 dealers, and I used to work at 2 of them. I was told specifically that they weren't even sure why GM sold uncut keys, because there was no way to make use of them.
    Again, that is the information I got over a year ago.
    I was told that since i have a working key, they can clone the code off the key thats already working. if you go to the dealer you can have them send you the code for 50 dollars but the dealer gave me the locksmith number and said they sent keys out to him because gm was too expensive. i look at it this way i need a key and i payed 70 dollars for a key and a keyfob the dealer wanted 115 just for the fob so worse case senario they cant do it i still saved 40 dollars and ill just go to the dealer and order the key there and use the ebay keyfob.
    Last edited by Darkmanx; 12-29-2010 at 09:27 PM.

Texas speed 408 stroker,Lingenfelter ls3 ported heads,tv1900,2.8 pulley,kooks header header back,custom axel back, squash double pump upgrade, e85 tein lowering , demon 8 triple pod, brembo brakes ,brm sway bar, bmr toe rod , bmr end link, spohn trailing arms, tein springs,tsw nurburgring rims. Icebox. Old numbers on stock engine 650/620 with 3.0 pulley

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't get a spare key & fob so the dealer sent me one and I programmed it off my other key & fob.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmanx View Post
    yeah i went to the dealer and they told me the price of a key is 250 i went to 3 dealers, they said when they enter the information in the computer gm charges 50 dollars for the programming code to cut the key . One of the dealer gave me a automotive locksmith number and told me to call him , he told me they can cut the key and program it for 40 dollars so i just ordered one off ebay for 60 dollars.
    Did you order one from "Vista" on eBay? The eBay ID is VistaRemotes i believe?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    08' Pontiac G8 GT PBM
    11.323@121.66 Rock Falls Raceway 10-11-14
    N/A RCR Car

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drumsbh View Post
    Did you order one from "Vista" on eBay? The eBay ID is VistaRemotes i believe?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    yeah i ordered one from them the key came it didnt look quite new but it was in great condition , i contacted them and they said it might be from bulk shipping and they would send me a replacement but i didnt want to go through the hassle i will let you guys know tomorrow if the automotive locksmith can cut and program it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmanx View Post
    yeah i ordered one from them the key came it didnt look quite new but it was in great condition , i contacted them and they said it might be from bulk shipping and they would send me a replacement but i didnt want to go through the hassle i will let you guys know tomorrow if the automotive locksmith can cut and program it.
    This is who I got mine from. I had mine cut and it turns everything on BUT the engine. I get Engine Immobilized on the dash. I took it to the dealership to get programmed and the technician and I worked on it for about an hour and couldnt get it to "learn", we both think that it doesnt have a chip inside, or the chip is bad. Vista is working with me though on this issue. Keep me posted through PM. That way we can both talk to Vista if need be. The actual pfob part works great. Thanks. -Brent

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drumsbh View Post
    This is who I got mine from. I had mine cut and it turns everything on BUT the engine. I get Engine Immobilized on the dash. I took it to the dealership to get programmed and the technician and I worked on it for about an hour and couldnt get it to "learn", we both think that it doesnt have a chip inside, or the chip is bad. Vista is working with me though on this issue. Keep me posted through PM. That way we can both talk to Vista if need be. The actual pfob part works great. Thanks. -Brent
    Mine does the same thing , there is a chip there i pulled my key apart and saw it but when i went to the dealer last week they told me there is a code that gm programs in the key when they are cutting it and they had to pay 50 dollars to get it . That is why it wont learn, only gm can cut the key

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MGM GT View Post
    You guys know you can program a new key sitting in your car via the DIC settings right? I got a new key and it wouldnt start the car, went to immoblized mode.

Went into the DIC Security settings, reprogram key option.

You push both lock/unlock buttons together until the car beeps. Repeat for as many keys as needed.

Then it started the car just fine. Its worked a few times for me once for my key from Pace and another from teh Vista Remote place.
    thats to program the transmitter not the key itself.