Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Staggered wheels on G8 GT

Post Thanks / Like

Default Staggered wheels on G8 GT

im needing any help you can give me. im wanting to go wide as possible on back, stock on front.

question is how wide can i go and what offsets do i need in rear.

also ive been reading about having my stock rims widened. any thoughts or input on this will be helpful. i have no tire or wheel size knowledge so treat me as stupid!! just need some help!!!

thanks
    charlie
    north texas

Post Thanks / Like

Read the threads stupid. LOL Just kidding though, but thanks for the prompt.

Spend some time reading some of the tire and wheel threads. There's plenty of info posted to get you pretty knowledgeable
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

BMR, Brembo, Circle D, Comp Cams, Crazy Paul's Holden parts,
    Gforce axles, GRRRR8.net SS bolt kit and heater hoses, LandSpeed Development,
    Livernois, Lunati, Pedders, White auto media
    Under more construction.

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G8 Ray View Post
    Read the threads stupid. LOL Just kidding though, but thanks for the prompt.

Spend some time reading some of the tire and wheel threads. There's plenty of info posted to get you pretty knowledgeable
    Down Ray, Down....hahaha.
    2010 Camaro 2SS/RS, Summit White. M6 some mods.
    2010 VW Jetta TDI Cup Edition, Red. 42 mpg avg!
    2010 Kawasaki Z1000....many mods. ITBFST-R
    (Tragically gone) 2008 G8 GT Black on black, Prem., sunroof.

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought about staggering. But, with no plans of lowering the car, I doubt I will. Probably just going to go the widest I can go on all 4 corners.
    2009 CTS-V

Post Thanks / Like

Lmao.. seriously though, just read the threads. This has been argues to death, and gets brought up every week. Someone comes on, swears they can fit a 295 or 305 or 315, starts an argument, then a week or two later comes back and says it wouldn't. Take into account what your future plans are for the car (ie anything suspension related) and then look at the users cars. Find a set-up you like, and order it. Most of these wheels aren't multi offsets so getting the right one is easy. Biggest piece of advice would be to listen to those that have wheels, not those that have read and reread all the post and "know" what should fit
    Winning may not be everything, but its still better than losing

I don't know you. I don't know what have done. If you are looking to talk up a race for 3 hours, I can tell you I don't have the time. But what I do have are a very particular set of parts; parts I have acquired over a very long career. Parts that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you go home, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not punk you. But if you don't, I will punk you, I will race you, and I will embarrass you.

Post Thanks / Like

I have posted many times about my experiences with 285's on rear w/ 45 offset and 275's on rear w/35 offset. Also posted about friend "Snowbird" who shredded his 285 Michelins using a 35 offset wheel. Some have done 305's in AU... Would need custom offsets, that I haven't seen available here, for reasonable $$$$$. Go to my threads on wheels using "Search" function.
    2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex - WORLD'S FIRST 12 SECOND FLEX 12.901@106.85 MPH TORRIE TUNED 3 - 12 sec. runs to date
    2009 Spt Red G8 GT - Headers, Cam, Wide-band,3000 stall, TORRIE @ Unleashed Tuning - TUNED 12.078 et @ 114.02mph
    2008 White G8 GT - Tune, Headers, CAI - 8.32ET 1/8 mi@85.66
    Confused, Dazed & Verklemp

Post Thanks / Like

My 285's on 35mm offset are still workin fine and scratch free after 1800 miles, both mountain and beach trips.
    Winning may not be everything, but its still better than losing

I don't know you. I don't know what have done. If you are looking to talk up a race for 3 hours, I can tell you I don't have the time. But what I do have are a very particular set of parts; parts I have acquired over a very long career. Parts that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you go home, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not punk you. But if you don't, I will punk you, I will race you, and I will embarrass you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ktlplxm View Post
    My 285's on 35mm offset are still workin fine and scratch free after 1800 miles, both mountain and beach trips.
    What brand of tire do you have? My Bridgestone 285's are almost an inch wider that the 275's I have on the 35 offset wheels. Snowbird's Michelins were about in between the two, and on his car, with no lowering, but with a fullsized spare, were constantly rubbing.

My 09 sits at least 1/2 inch higher than my 08, both w/o spares. Snowbird's rear wheel lip was at least 1/2 inch closer than my 08.

Tonight, we had 4 people in my 09, plus a full sized spare and 2 empty stock 19" wheels. When we made sharp turns at low speeds, the 275's rubbed (35 offset) - just a quick "Zing" - but no marks on tires. Happened several times. Thinking about getting a fender roller as I have 4 cars to work on. 2 G8's and 2 GTO's.
    2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex - WORLD'S FIRST 12 SECOND FLEX 12.901@106.85 MPH TORRIE TUNED 3 - 12 sec. runs to date
    2009 Spt Red G8 GT - Headers, Cam, Wide-band,3000 stall, TORRIE @ Unleashed Tuning - TUNED 12.078 et @ 114.02mph

Post Thanks / Like

285's on 20's, Nitto Invo Tires, 55 offset which is tuff to find without spending $$. I decided to spend the money. I run a 255 in front on a 40 offset. Have no issues with rubbing and no fender modifications.
    2008 G8GT #110 of #888 Ignition Orange, 20 Inch Savini SV8 Wheels, Maggie 1900, VMS DOD Delete Stock Converter Cam, Pedders XA Street Plus, Kook's 1 3/4 LT's, Rotofab CAI, VMS Tune, Mustang Dyno 522 RWHP/489.3 TQ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NWOG8 View Post
    285's on 20's, Nitto Invo Tires, 55 offset which is tuff to find without spending $$. I decided to spend the money. I run a 255 in front on a 40 offset. Have no issues with rubbing and no fender modifications.
    Would guess you could go to a 295 or maybe a 305, depending on actual cross section width with those 55 offset 20's.